On the 12th day of Christmas, my park gave to me...
For those of you in the holiday mood, put this to the tune of your favorite count-down Christmas tune...
1. Healthier life
2. More livable city
3. Safer neighborhoods
4. Smaller gap in health disparities
5. Lower rate of childhood obesity
6. Higher property values
7. Vigorous economy
8. More highly skilled workforce
9. Happier neighbors and friends
10. Vibrant city
11. Engaged and active citizens
12. Stronger community
To give something back to your parks this holiday season, click here.
Read more here on why America's mayors are pushing for parks as they work to prepare their cities for the future: Mayors Get It: Parks Are Problem-Solvers, Next City, 11/13/14